Google Play is a marketplace of a different kind. It is considered the premier and the largest marketplace for different kinds of Android apps. When the Android platform was launched with several smart phones and tablets designed for the platform, a market opened up for applications that can be run on this platform.
As per definition Google Play store is a digital distribution platform that is operated by Google. This market place was formed in order to allow different software and application developers to upload their creations that they created with the open source Android platform. With the open source nature of the Android platform, it allows developers to have the necessary tools to develop applications of different categories.
Ads by Google
This opened up limitless possibilities for application developers as well as wide choices for the consumers. Google Play attempted to be the platform where applications can be validated and categorized and for easy download and installation of different Android devices.
The different offerings of Google Play:
- This digital marketplace offers different media apps like books, music, movies, television channels and games.
- Software applications for different functions can be found.
- Retailer apps can also be downloaded through this digital media store.
The apps and their categories and range are vast on this digital marketplace. That is one of the reasons this marketplace has become numero uno when it comes to downloading different Android apps. Most of the apps that are available in Google Play are available either for free or come at a cost.
You might own a smart phone or tablet that does not come with a preloaded Google Play Store app. That could happen due to the following reasons:
- The device was bought at factory settings without any preinstalled apps.
- It was bought several years ago when apps were usually not preloaded in smart phones.
- You might have reset your device and deleted all apps on the phone or tablet due to security or virus reasons.
- You might have accidentally deleted the Google Play app from your Android device.
These are some of the different reasons which might lead to the Google Play app not being present in your device. No matter what the reason, there are ways you can get Google Play back on your device. That is a requirement you need to meet as most apps are downloaded and installed through Google Play. It is a trusted platform for different Android apps, it is necessary to have Google Play with your Android device. Here are some steps to follow in order to get Google Play back on your Android device:
- Check that you have Wi-Fi connectivity or data connection on your phone or tablet.
- Once you have an internet connection, put on the Google Chrome browser or any internet browser that is preloaded on your mobile device.
- Type in Google Play Android app in any search engine and wait for the results.
- You will find the free latest version of the Google Play app highlighted in the results.
- Find a reliable site for when you can download the app.
- Click on the download button and allow the app to download on your mobile device.
- Note the folder or directory where the downloaded app gets stored.
- Open the folder where the downloaded app is stored.
- Click on the app and allow the installation to take place.
- You might face restrictions to allow the app to be installed. Change the security settings as directed in order to allow the app to be installed.
- Once the app is installed, you need to ensure that the latest version is in place. If that is not the case you need to switch on your data connectivity or Wi-Fi to allow the app to update.
These are ways to get the Google Play app installed on your Android device.
You might own an iPhone or any iOS device. These devices usually have all apps downloaded through the iTunes store. With Google Play has access to different kinds of Android apps and games, you might want to access any of these apps without knowing how. The step to follow would be to use Google Play on your iOS device. Here are ways to download Google Play for your iOS device:
- Visit the iTunes app on your device.
- Here you can search for Google Play. It can be downloaded in different forms like Google Play Books or Play Music. You might find the comprehensive Google Play app as well.
- Once you have found the app, you can download the same onto your iOS device.
- The Google Play store will allow you access to different kinds of Android apps.
- These will download to your iDevice and create their own ecosystem which allows them to run on the iOS platform.
With the above steps you will be able to access the world of Android apps that are made available by Google Play. Before an emulator app was required in order to run Google Play and Android apps on the Apple devices. However, Google has made that easier and ensures that the different Google enabled apps and software work with their own platform without the users having to create a separate setup on their device in order to run Google Play or Android apps.
If you are using a Windows enabled phone like a Nokia Lumia series smart phone, the process of downloading the Google Play store app might be a more round about manner:
- You need to find the Windows official app store on your smart phone or tablet.
- You will need to search for a reliable Android app emulator program for your phone or tablet.
- Once you have downloaded the emulator program, you can open the same on your device.
- This will create a superficial platform on your Windows operating system to allow Android apps to be downloaded and run.
- Find Google Play on the emulated platform.
- Once the installation of Google Play is done, you will be able to find other Android apps through it.
If you are using Play Store on any Android device, the process of downloading the apps is an easy one:
- Most Android smart phones and tablets have the Google Play app preloaded on the operating system.
- All you need to do is click on the same and find the different apps that are listed on the main page or in categories in the drop down list.
- You will be able to download an app after you have linked your Google account with the Google Play service.
- When you click on an app, you will be shown the details of the app.
- Go through the app description, details and reviews before you proceed to install the same.
- When you wish to install an app, you will be asked to check and agree to the terms and conditions.
- The installation will proceed after the download has completed.
Once the desired app is downloaded from Google Play, you will be able to use it. There are several advantages that users can avail of when they use this digital marketplace for downloading Android apps:
- It is a dependable source of Android apps. Usually the kind of apps that are available on Google Play are checked and verified to be working and free of viruses and other malware.
- You will be able to access description and reviews of other users for any app you wish to download.
- There are apps by vast categories to be found on Google Play which beats visiting any other Android app marketplace.
- You will get updates for the different apps from time to time, which you downloaded from Google Play.
These are some of the several benefits that make it the number one choice for Android users when it comes to finding any Android app one might want. Indeed, from games to books, music, entertainment and functional apps, you are sure to find any app that you search for. Nowadays, most restaurants offer their apps to allow users to make bookings, order food as well as review and track locations. Several retailers have launched apps to allow customers to increase more interactions with their services. These apps are easily found through the Google Play store. Most customers find it easy to trust an app that is found through Google Play. That is mainly due to the reviewing and checks that are done by Google Play authorities. With rating, reviews and updates, it is the best place to go to when you wish to download any Android app.
These are some of the several reasons you need to have the Google Play store app on your device. If you have a working Android device, you need not worry about the Play store app getting out of date. It gets updated from time to time on its own and it will also suggest the updates on different apps for you to take action. In order to save costs on updates, it is best to choose Wi-Fi connection in order to update the apps that you download through Google Play. It is recommended that all apps remain updated to prevent virus and malware attacks.